Sunday 27 May 2012

Portugal - May 2012

Big thanks to Envirosports for flying me home a few days after my work with them was complete, giving me a chance to grab some warm water waves in the sun. After digging holes in the 38deg heat a dip in any kind of sea and waves was going to be heavenly. Thankfully the gods didn't disappoint and I was blessed with 2-3ft clean waves breaking in crystal clear water with only a handful of internationals out.

The lack of locals made me wonder if there were better waves breaking somewhere around the corner but with gasolina at €1.60 my wallet wasn't in the mood to find out. Especially not after bouncing my way around the dirt tracks of the Algarve looking for the beach breaks I spotted on google maps which would hold the more N orientated swell and also be offshore. What I found was more than enough to satisfy me considering I hadn't surfed for over a month and anything bigger or heavier would have meant less waves and more beatings for sure.

Here's the pics I took on my phone of the surf I stumbled upon...






















No comments:

Post a Comment